University Testing and Scanning Services, as a unit of the University Office of Evaluation and Educational Effectiveness, administers computer- and paper-based examinations.
- Receipt, inventory, secure storage, and return of testing materials
- Administrative support for scheduling exams
- Making arrangements for appropriate facilities for the administration of tests
- Quiet, well-lit testing rooms with limited distractions
- Desks with large surface areas and dividers between the examinees
- Computers appropriately configured for the delivery of a wide variety of computer-based exams
- Well-trained, professional staff to administer exams
- Strict adherence to high standards of test administration
- Examinees are positively identified on the basis of current, valid photo ID
- Staff monitor examinees at all times in the testing room or through audio/visual equipment and viewing windows (when available)
- Careful adherence to testing rules
- Accurate timing on exams
- Answer sheet scanning and score reporting services available in many instances.